Followers

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Southern Beale has a post up about Christmas (what, too soon?) and this was going to be my reply but I thought I'd spare her the hordes of people who might descend on such a blasphemous screed on HER blog. Here, I never have to worry about KKKrazzepants mofo's making comments even weirder than the shit that I write.

So, go read her original post--and other stuff, she writes good stuff.

Start here:

http://southernbeale.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/its-beginning-to-feel-a-bit-like-christmas/#respond

and poke around.

My  comment reply to her OP.

You know what's even better than having Louis Armstrong's music playing on the PA in malls in the Middle and Deep South (or, for that matter, the rest of the U.S.)? It's having, finally, a country where non-whites can shop, work, manage and own businesses in those malls. That's what I can be grateful for this year. Maybe next year, they'll have a mass teh GAY wedding ceremony in a mall in Mississippi--well, maybe not next year.

Did you know, btw, that NONE of the Magi were married? There's this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wise-men-ancient-text-differs-bible-tale-magi/story?id=12460820&page=2

which posits that they may have been Chinese; so, does that mean that they would have bought jade, bubble tea and Mushu pork, instead of gold, Frankincense and Myrrh? I wonder if they might have been an early CE version of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queer_Eye

sent to help JESUS get the whole robe thing down.

You know who else never married? Hey, I'm not making any accusations, I'm just asking questions.

No comments: