Followers

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

YHWH or the highway!

Southern Beale put up a post about this:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/watercooler/article/397049/71/Vince-Gill-confronts-Westboro-Baptist-Church-protesters-in-Missouri

Go there and read her OP and comment if you like.

I'm posting my ditty here and I'll e-mail it to her (I'm terrible at doing this sort of thing and having it look right when it gets on the blog).




I Just Came To See What Hate Looked Like
 

I was sittin’ in a bar, livin my sweet, sweet life of hedonistic sin;
When at the church across the way there arose such a great din.
It was during a funeral service for kid not old enough to vote yet,
A kid not old enough to vote or drink, a kid who’ll never be a vet.

I heard the ruckus, saw the signs, I saw that kid’s parents cry.
It’s bad enough to lose a son, without being told GOD wanted him to die.
I just came to see what hate looked like, it looked a lot like you;
You with your signs ‘bout hatin’ fags, your hoods and robes and crosses, too.

 I just came to see what hate looked like, it looks a lot like you;
And your hatred of the folks who don’t fit in your crew.

 I was a kid when I was taught that JESUS loved the publicans and whores
And how he made the blind to see and healed the leper’s sores.
And now I’m older, the scales have fallen and my once blind eyes now see,
Unless I hate the other tribe, JESUS won’t love me.
 

I just came to see what hate looked like, it looks a lot like you;
You say that you love JESUS but you just hate blacks and jews.
You say your GOD is omnipotent, infinitely strong and wise,
But he likes only whom you like and hates the other guys?

 
I asked the barkeep for my check and tossed cash on the bar,
I went outside and crossed the street, on my way to my car.
A sign waver stepped up to me, told me I was bound for hell;
Because GOD hates teh GAY (and I guess everybody else) 

I could have grabbed his sign and thrown it on the ground.
I could have lost my temper and smacked the guy around.
Instead, I told him what I thought of his church and their bile.
I told him he was hateful, I said it with a smile. 

I just came to see what hate looked like, it looks a lot like you;
You look like fear and hopelessness and you look stupid, too.
You say that your GOD hates everyone who doesn’t share your goals.
If that was true, you and your tribe would just be smoking holes.


Yepper, that's pretty much what KKKristian LOVE is all about, hatin' everybody that's not in your tribe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: